Before you book your cat cafe experience, please check out this page so you can know what to expect, and what to bring with you. Whether you’ve been to a cat cafe before or are a seasoned visitor of cat cafes, we want to help ensure you’re ready to go so you can have the best experience with our cats!
Saving Your Spot
Our cat cafe experience is $17/person. We highly recommend booking your visit in advance. To prevent our cats from becoming too overwhelmed, and to ensure all guests have the opportunity to interact with the cats, our capacity is limited to 8 guests at a time. We would hate to make you wait or turn you away because we’re full. Avoid heartbreak by booking your session in advance.
All ages are welcome. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult, one adult per two children. Children ages 13-17 may visit without an adult, but will need a parent or legal guardian to sign our waiver, either in advance online, or upon arrival.
When to Visit
Looking for a playful, interactive experience? Your best shot at encountering our cats when they’re most active are during our first session of the day at 11am, or our last session of the day at 5pm or 6pm. Looking to relax and chill? Book your session in the afternoon, when most of our cats are usually napping.
• To help accelerate the check-in process, you may sign our liability waiver in advance. Otherwise, you may sign a waiver when you arrive. By signing our waiver, you agree to follow the posted rules and cooperate with our cat lounge hosts to keep our cats, yourself and others safe. Our cats live in our lounge 24/7 until they find their forever home, so please be mindful that you are entering their home-for-now, and that you are a house guest. 🙂
• Guests must use hand sanitizer or wash their hands before interacting with our cats.
• Guests must wear socks and store their shoes in our vestibule after checking in, and before entering our no-shoes cat lounge. If you forget to bring your socks, we have socks available to rent or purchase.
Parking and Arrival
• Plan for an early arrival to allow yourself enough time to check in. If you’re running late, please call us at 808.425.4131. If you need to cancel, please email us at meow (at) popokiandtea (dot) com, or call us. Please do this at least 24 hours in advance, as we aren’t able to offer a refund for late cancellations or no-shows. If you are cancelling due to possible exposure to COVID-19, we’ll waive the cancellation penalty. Read more about our booking policies here.
• Closest street parking options include Wai‘alae Ave, 8th Ave or 9th Ave. Like a lot of our Kaimuki neighbors, we unfortunately don’t have a dedicated parking lot. We encourage carpooling, public transit, biking, rideshare and other alternative transportation modes, whenever possible. Please do not park in the Restaurant XO or Finance Factors parking lots, as they are heavily tow-enforced.
Thank you for reading! We look forward to welcoming you to Popoki + Tea!