The kitties and our team look forward to meeting you!
Our cat lounge admission is $15/person. You can book your session online in advance to guarantee your spot. We welcome walk-ins, just know there’s a chance you may need to wait if our cat lounge is at max capacity (4 guests at a time). We tend to be busiest Fridays through Sundays.
Looking for a playful, interactive experience? Visit us right when we open, or in the evening, when our cats tend to be alert and awake. Looking to relax and chill? Book your session in the afternoon, when most of our cats are usually napping.
While we’re excited to welcome you, we’re also being cautious and taking your health and safety seriously. Here’s what you need to know for your next visit:
• We highly recommend booking your visit in advance. We have a capacity limit of 4 guests at a time, and we would hate to turn you away because we’re full. Avoid heartbreak by booking your session in advance.
• To limit contact when you arrive, please sign our liability waiver in advance. By signing our waiver, you agree to follow the posted rules and cooperate with our cat lounge hosts to keep our cats, yourself and others safe. Our cats live in our lounge 24/7 until they find their forever home, so please be mindful that you are entering their home, and that you are a house guest. 🙂
Parking and Arrival:
• Plan for an early arrival to allow yourself enough time to check in. If you’re running late, please call us at 808.425.4131. If you need to cancel, please use the link in your confirmation email, email us at meow (at) popokiandtea (dot) com, or call us. Please do this at least 24 hours in advance, otherwise you risk losing your refund. However, if you are cancelling due to flu-related symptoms, we’ll waive the cancellation penalty.
• Closest street parking options include Wai‘alae Ave, 8th Ave or 9th Ave. Like a lot of our Kaimuki neighbors, we unfortunately don’t have a dedicated parking lot. We encourage carpooling, public transit, biking, rideshare and other alternative transportation modes, whenever possible!
Health and Hygiene:
• While inside, all staff and guests must wear a mask or other cloth garment that covers the nose and mouth, such as a bandana or scarf.
• High-touch surfaces, including door handles, our credit card reader, and iPad, will be disinfected after every guest.
• As always, guests must sanitize or wash their hands before and after visiting our cats.
• As always, guests must wear or bring socks to enter our no-shoes cat lounge.
• Upon booking and upon entry, we’ll ask you a very quick health questionnaire. It’s only two questions! If you’re feeling ill or have traveled recently, please stay home to recover and/or self-quarantine. Let us know if you need to reschedule because of illness, and we’ll book you for another day, penalty-free.
Mahalo for your understanding, and we look forward to welcoming you to Popoki + Tea!