Before you book your cat cafe experience, please check out this page so you can know what to expect – and what to bring with you. There’s also been some changes to our operations due to the ongoing global pandemic that we want you to know about. We want to help ensure you have the best experience with our cats!
Saving Your Spot
Our cat cafe experience is $15/person. We highly recommend booking your visit in advance. Capacity is limited to 8 guests at a time, and we would hate to make you wait or turn you away because we’re full. Avoid heartbreak by booking your session in advance.
For the safety and best experience for our guests and our cats, we welcome guests ages 7 and up. Children 7-12 must be accompanied by an adult. Children ages 13-17 may visit without an adult, but will still need a parent or guardian to sign our waiver, either in advance online, or upon arrival. We will only make special accommodations with approved adopters. During the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, please ensure your children are able to socially distance from other guests outside of your household, if applicable. Mahalo!
When to Visit
Looking for a playful, interactive experience? Visit us right when we open, when our cats tend to be alert and awake. Looking to relax and chill? Book your session in the afternoon, when most of our cats are usually napping.
While we’re excited to welcome you, we’re also being cautious and taking your health and safety seriously during the pandemic.
• To limit contact when you arrive, please sign our liability waiver in advance. By signing our waiver, you agree to follow the posted rules and cooperate with our cat lounge hosts to keep our cats, yourself and others safe. Our cats live in our lounge 24/7 until they find their forever home, so please be mindful that you are entering their home-for-now, and that you are a house guest. 🙂
• While inside our cat lounge, all staff and guests must wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times.
• High-touch surfaces, including door handles, our credit card reader, iPad, lint rollers, brushes, toys, and hand sanitizer dispensers, are disinfected after every session.
• As always, guests must sanitize or wash their hands before and after visiting our cats.
• As always, guests must wear socks and remove their shoes to enter our no-shoes cat lounge. If you forget to bring your socks, we have socks available to rent or purchase.
• Upon booking, you’ll go through a quick health questionnaire. It’s only two questions! If you’re feeling ill, have been in contact with someone with COVID, or have traveled within the last 14 days, please stay home to recover and/or self-quarantine. Let us know if you need to reschedule because of illness or COVID exposure, and we’ll book you for another day, penalty-free.
Parking and Arrival
• Plan for an early arrival to allow yourself enough time to check in. If you’re running late, please call us at 808.425.4131. If you need to cancel, please use the link in your confirmation email, email us at meow (at) popokiandtea (dot) com, or call us. Please do this at least 24 hours in advance, otherwise you risk losing your refund. If you are cancelling due to possible exposure to COVID-19, we’ll waive the cancellation penalty. Read more about our booking policies here.
• Closest street parking options include Wai‘alae Ave, 8th Ave or 9th Ave. Like a lot of our Kaimuki neighbors, we unfortunately don’t have a dedicated parking lot. We encourage carpooling, public transit, biking, rideshare and other alternative transportation modes, whenever possible.
Mahalo for your understanding, and we look forward to welcoming you to Popoki + Tea!